Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Yippe!! Long weekend!! (updated -- with picts)

HAPPY 61st INDEPENDENCE DAY INDONESIA!!!
August 17th, 2006



August 17th was 61st of Indonesia Independence Day and then on 21st is another holiday (enlightment day of Prophet Muhammad), that means, I had 2 days extra to picked up my projects!!!

I have finished my squares for the colorful afghan, and following the project spectrum for august is neutral (incl. black and white), i worked on black, white and cream/off white yarn. I also added the brown colors range. From Dark brown, light brown and dark cream.





(done: squares pict added on 28/8/06 ~~ -- soon : this space allocated for square pictures!! )

While working with the squares I was also picked my kiri shawl, and finished it on August 16th Midnight!!
Got to tidy the yarns and also had done some blocking, however even I already pinned for 2 days, it still not really stretch flat. My Kiri still have the bumpy part on the back.
But I love this.. ;)








(promise is fullfilled at 28/6/0 ~~~ another promise : this space allocated for my kiri shawl)

Possibly it caused the cotton yarn I am using. But usually it will stretched flat after blocking., like the rose shawl that I crocheted last year (**gasp!! it's last year already?? time really flying fast!!)

Next lace project, I like to start with the Mystery Shawl KAL2 that already finished by some members of the groups... This is a lovely shawl to knit on, however with good experience learnt from Kiri Shawl, I probably got to re-think about using cotton yarn (I am thinking DMC thread... Ummm... a good reason to add some yarn in my stash...? :)

latest update: Can you guess the mystery shawl called?

No comments: